To Submit a Blog Post:
- Include your name or nickname as you would like it to appear in the post (Note: You need not use your full name, or even your real name. You are welcome to use a nickname or initials).
- Include a title to be used with your post.
- Please aim for a limit of around 1,500 words.
- Please submit a picture and/or image to go with your post.
- Let us know what category you want to post to. Feel free to be creative and/or humorous! We have the following categories: 1) Caregiving, which shares personal stories, information or advice about or for caregivers 2) Grief, which shares personal stories or advice about or for grievers and 3) Commentary, which provides your comments on a research or news article or book related to these topics.
- Please email us the final post at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are looking for:
- Original work which has not been printed elsewhere.
- Posts focused on the topics of young adult (in their 20s and 30s) caregivers and grievers, sibling caregivers, bonds of siblings in these situations, grief in general, and anything you can share on these topics from personal experience or as a professional. We are particularly interested in working parents who are struggling with caregiving or grief while also balancing their career and family as well as stories of sibling loss and sibling caregiving.
- Relatable, “real”, and possibly funny writing that will speak to our target audience (caregivers and grievers in their 20s and 30s).
- Once it is posted on our site, please share your post on social media by linking to our site!
- You can also share a link to your networks or interested groups. Publicize it as you'd like.